Norton Power Eraser is a powerful removal tool that helps you to eradicate the security risk that is hard to remove. In case, if a program hijacks your system and you have difficulty removing it. So, in that case, this removal tool will remove the security risk from your system.
It is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to remove threats from your computer. This tool is simple to download and scans your system quickly to detect the most aggressive computer viruses.
Norton Power Eraser uses aggressive methods in order to detect threats. While scanning or fixing threats, Norton Power Eraser creates a system restore point.
If you have removed any important files, this removal tool lets you restore the files using the Undo Previous Fix option. This removal tool lists the recent repair sessions where you can view and restore the essential files.
Procedure To Use Norton Power Eraser To Scan Your Device
Follow the below-given procedure to use this tool to scan your device.
- First of all, you need to open the Norton product on your device.
- In the next window, click on the “Security” tab which is located at the left-hand side of the page.
- Subsequently, you need to click on the “Run Scans” option.
- After that, in the Scan Window, you should look for “Norton Power Eraser”.Then, under the Power Eraser section, tick mark the box next to the “tool” option.
- Thereafter, you should click on the “Go” button which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Now, in the Norton Power Eraser window, you should read the terms carefully and then click on the “Ok” tab.
- Next, in the Norton Power Eraser main window, you will see the Advanced Options tab. Hence, click on the Advanced Options tab which is located at the bottom of the page.
- In the next window, you should click on the “Scan Now” tab under the “System Scans” section.
- After that, you have to wait patiently, until the tool is scanning for any threats that may be on your device.
- As a result, it will display you the list of security risk that is found on your system.
- Here, you need to review the scan results carefully from the given list.
- After reviewing the scan results carefully, select the checkboxes next to the “Remove” option.
- Then, you should click on the “Fix Now” option which is located at the bottom of the page.
- Thereafter, you have to wait for a few minutes till that the tool is removing the risk from your system completely.
- Next, to remove the threats from your system, click the “Restart Now” button. You will get this button at the bottom of the page.
- Then, it will show you the list of threats that have been removed from your system completed.
Hence, this completes the procedure to use Norton Power Eraser to scan your device.